By joining RINLA, your business connects with more than 600 businesses and individuals who share your enthusiasm and commitment to Rhode Island’s green industry and your continued professional development. Begun in 1919, the Association is dedicated to a collective goal – making your business a success by advocating on behalf of your business in a variety of ways: through education, investigation of business opportunities, legislation and marketing, and more.
Our members are the visible embodiment of our commitment to change and improvement. It is through your interest and dedication to your profession that the organization flourishes.
Our association offers many benefits:
- Educational meetings, functions and trade shows that offer technical training and pesticide credit. Educational opportunities through regional and national associations, including New England Nursery Association (NENA), New England Grows! and the American Nursery & Landscape Association (ANLA). Networking with industry professionals.
- In-house certification and training education throughout the year, including Pesti-cide Applicator Certification. The Rhode Island Certified Horticulturist (RI∙CH) certification is now reciprocal with all of the other New England states.
- Recycling & Mulch programs
- Direct link to federal, state and local legislative issues.
- Close ties with the URI Plant Science Department, which provides training and up-to-date information on current issues and trends pertinent to the green industry.
- Involvement with the Horticultural Research Institute, which awards research grants for study of current horticultural and nursery issues.
- Administration of available health coverage plans with Rhode Island Blue Cross/Blue Shield and United Health. Also, life and estate planning.
- Scholarships for college-bound students of members and their employees.
- Statewide recognition of outstanding landscape construction and maintenance projects judged by peers within the industry.
- Web visibility for your business through our public web site
- And more …
Click on the link below to download a Membership Application form: